Sudden Issue with Mouse Freezing and Citra Application Crashing

Dear Citra Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your assistance with an issue that has arisen suddenly with the Citra application. Until recently, I had been using Citra without any problems, and I successfully completed games like Pokemon Y, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time without any issues. However, overnight, an alarming issue emerged. For the past few weeks, whenever I launch Citra, my mouse gradually freezes until it completely stops functioning. This problem has become highly problematic as it renders the use of Citra impossible and results in system crashes.

Here is a more detailed description of the problem:

1. When I launch Citra, everything seems to be going well initially.
  2. However, after a few moments, my mouse starts slowing down and responding intermittently.
  3. Eventually, my mouse freezes entirely, and I cannot use it at all.
  4. The system becomes increasingly unstable, and Citra ultimately triggers a complete system crash.
  5. To regain control of my computer, I am forced to use the Ctrl + Alt + Delete key combination to restart.

Additionally, after restarting my computer due to Citra-induced crashes, it takes almost 5 minutes to shut down completely, whereas normally it only takes about 10 seconds.

Furthermore, I am unable to access the “Configure…” part of Citra because my mouse crashes completely before I can reach that point. Even disconnecting and reconnecting my mouse does not change the situation.

Given this situation, I am unable to provide a Diagnostic Log as I cannot access the relevant part of Citra to generate one.

I have attempted to resolve this issue on my own by updating Citra multiple times, but unfortunately, this has not resolved the problem. I even tried uninstalling Citra and deleting all associated folders before reinstalling, but the issue persists. This situation has become quite frustrating, as I am unable to enjoy my favorite games with Citra.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX950 2GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 2630 ; Nightly 1996
  • Game: N/A
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (932 Bytes)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

Do you have Citra installed in a cloud folder? If so, reinstall Citra to a local folder instead.