Suddenly unable to save in MH4U

About 4 days i was saving progress in MH4U no problem, but today when trying to create a new character the old file was never overwritten by the new one. Went to an old save and tried spending money and saving but the progress but it just didn’t. Unable to make any progress at all in this game now.

Citra Nightly 1599
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

citra_log.txt (31.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1599 HEAD-b94f21e
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

Ah that bug. You will need to delete the extra data folder for the game. Right click on the game then pick “Open Extra Data Location” then go back to the 00000000 folder (see the file path) and just delete the 00001263 folder.

I deleted the extra data folder and refused the prompts to create a new one, but the bug still persists

You want to create new extra data though. I have gotten this bug myself :stuck_out_tongue: but mainly that was caused by letting Windows overwrite the card1, card2, card3 files in extra data when I moved over from 3DS.

Delete the extra data folder again, and accept that you want to create new extra data and it should be fine.

Citra still refuses to save

Hm, in that case if a save is already affected by the bug you would need to get rid of it too. I think I had to re-copy the save(the user1, user2, user3 files) from my 3DS to Citra every time that happened.

If the save is important, you will need to import it back to the 3DS with Checkpoint. The 3DS handles the save just fine in 4U. Then dump the save with Checkpoint.
On Citra side you would need to delete the save folder, create a dummy save (to generate the folder) and replace the user files with the ones from your 3DS.

It is a bit difficult to explain, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

I found better solution without using 3ds:

1. copy file user1, user2, user3 etc to a temporary folder
  2. delete the save data folder \00000001 (right-click the game icon, if you don’t know)
  3. delete the extra data folder \00001263
  4. run the MH4U and let the “formatting…” dialog completed
  5. checkpoint #1 - if you doing the steps correctly, it should recreate save data folder with one file only, called system (step 2)
  6. exit the game
  7. copy file user1, user2, user3 etc from temporary folder back to save data folder (step 2)
  8. chekpoint #2 - run MH4U and load the character you like, if you doing it correctly, dialog “saving…” should now stay a little a longer compared when you are unable to save the game. Also if you go back to save data folder file userXXX should be modified with correct time.

note:
if you have equipment set registered on red chest, this will not get restored. (you have to re-register them)

enjoy and happy hunting!