[Suggestion] Options to save performance in the computer using Citra

It’s incredible the work Citra’s team do ,but I think there are too much people that just play games without giving the CPU to its limits .Not all people play Mario or something like this .

It would be great if Citra players (people that could share information about the games they play) could have more options to update the last releases of Citra while could play in mode saving performance .

It’s very hard to understand what you’re trying to say, could you rephrase it?

I think what @Edimion is trying to say is that he’s looking for options to make his game run faster.

1 Like

Citra is currently in very early stages of development. Games usually run less than full-speed even on the best computers. Expect bugs and glitches to appear in most games. Many features for a more stable emulation are still in the works. For any major updates, please visit our Homepage.

This is just an idea I got from Dolphin and cemu, maybe this doesn’t work as I expect…
• If you [developers] make an option for Citra to store/load the shader cache somewhere in the [citra]\user\ folder in hard disk, wouldn’t this increase a bit the emulation speed or at least avoid the 1-2 seconds freezing between fade in-out animations and blending effects?
• And as another suggestion, couldn’t be implemented a frame-skip option?

Sorry for my english.

I assume you’re getting some of this idea from Dolphin. There’s two possible problems:

• Is it possible? I’m not too familar with the inner workings of the PICA200 GPU, so you’d have to ask a dev about this.
  • Is it practical, and worth it? For this, I think it might just be a no. Dolphin massively improved shader compilation with Ubershaders, but Dolphin has very well optimization, and accuracy otherwise. The latter still isn’t all there in Citra, so I feel that that should take priority over improving shader compile time.

That’s another question that a dev could probably answer better than I could.

this was talked about a lot before, frame skip won’t help at all because the gpu in citra is not the bottleneck