SUPER Confusing Program Error

Hello everyone! I signed up here to ask for some help as a newbie using Citra. I started using it yesterday and it worked just great, I was playing Pokemon Y and today I made a new Game Directory and that’s when the problems started, it might just be a coincidence but after I did that every game I tried would load, flash a black screen, would have the game music in the background, and would stop responding. I’ve tried turning off hardware renderer, hardware shaders, disk shader cache, and just turning the graphics lower. I’ve tried to update drivers but the couple of times I tried, it didn’t do anything, I’ve attached my log file in case that helps, I have a Dell Alienware. I just don’t get how it would work this morning and stop working so instantly, any help appreciated!

citra_log.txt (52.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1719 HEAD-dfd7926
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 8-Core Processor             | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            471.41
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Please try seeing if the same issues occur on a portable Citra build (to rule out any issues caused by your current Citra installation:

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download. Then under Nightly Build, click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) (.tar.gz can be extracted natively on MacOS) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted mingw folder, create a folder called user. This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder.

1 Like

Thank you, this worked perfectly!