Super Mario 3D Land running in "slow motion"

Hello! I’m quite new to using Citra (and any emulators for that matter) since I just got a computer powerful enough to handle those things. That said, I can’t figure out why Super Mario 3D Land is running so darn slow. It seems like it runs about the same speed, even comparing native resolution to 9x resolution, and it always seems to get stuck after I hit start in the “welcome screen,” where you get to just run around and jump on Toads before you hit start to begin the actual game. I honestly don’t believe it’s my computer’s fault, as I have an Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a GTX 970M w/ 6GB VRAM. Any thoughts as to what I could change to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!

Do you have all the needed files in the User Directory?: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/User-Directory

As Clector stated, make sure you have dumped your system files, also, Super Mario 3D Land requires Mii data to continue.

In regards to performance, 3D Land currently runs slowly on even the best hardware. This differs from level to level though, underground levels achieve full speed, and others all the way down to half or below. This is due to Citra’s Alpha status. Most games will not achieve full speed.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.