Super Smash Bros 3ds. false report that game is encrypted

Issue:
I’m using Mac for Citra. Every time I try to open Super Smash Bros 3ds, it tells me that the file is encrypted when it’s not.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.4
  • CPU:
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB* Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Super Smash Bros 3ds
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (11.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1755 HEAD-41dc0b7
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5350U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I am not experiencing glitches, the problem is that the game is decrypted, but Citra is reporting that it is encrypted.
Somebody please help. ive downloaded this game countless times, and now I still can’t run it. please help. (also I still went and enabled accurate multiplication, still not working

please read the faq
Short answer: You don’t. Buy games and dump them with a Nintendo 3DS .

Long answer: Downloading commercial games is illegal and thus strongly frowned upon by the Citra developers. To prevent legal issues, this includes gray areas like downloading games which you purchased earlier. You don’t necessarily need to own a 3DS yourself, as you can buy game cartridges and dump them with a friend’s console. On the other hand, copying a friend’s game dump is considered illegal. Please note that any mention or discussion of piracy on our forums or Discord channels will result in being banned from our community.

For guidance on how to dump games for use with Citra, please refer to:

2 Likes

I got it fixed, thanks anyways

Hey man I am having the same issue. could please let me know how you fixed it? Thanks!

Just follow the guides correctly and make sure you don’t use an outdated version of GM9. There shouldn’t be any problem then.

what I did wrong was download cia files and try to load as file, that wasn’t working, so I thought the file (or Citra) was broken