Super Smash Bros 3DS. Unable to connect to room

citra_log.txt (45.1 KB)
Issue
Whenever I try to connect to a room it says
Unable to connect to the host. Verify that the connection settings are correct. If you still cannot Connect, contact the room host and verify that the host is properly configured with the external port forwarded.

We keep trying to find out whats wrong but can’t and need help

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1183
  • Game: Super Smash bros
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

whose room? to a public room? to a friend’s room? do public rooms connect? did you check your username and token?

A public/friends room. We are trying to do to public. And it does connect to others and we have verified

Whomever creates the room should port forward (default citra port is 24872).

Sorry if I’m being really dumb. But what does port forward mean

To open a port on your router/modem represented by a number with a protocol to allow connections to be made, as mention above, whoever is creating the room should open a port. citra only requires you to open the port on the UDP protocol. so in short, for simplicity port forward port 24872 UDP. check the router/modem manual, you can usually find articles or youtube videos describing the process in detail for your specific router/modem, you can also check your router/modem manual for help.

after that is done simply create a room using that port.