Super smash bros loads infinitely

Issue:
Super Smash Bros works fine until i try to get in a game, it then loads indefinitely

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
  • CPU: i5 4590 3.3ghz
  • GPU: Radeon 270x
  • Citra Version: Nightly
  • Game: Super Smash bros

citra_log.txt 1.txt (1.0 MB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

By loads ‘infinitely’ you mean that you can see the loading animation or just black screen?
either way, some users in the past had the same issue, which it was a problem with the save game being corrupted. try to load without your save game, right click on your game on the game list and ‘Open Save Data Location’ and go up two directories to \data\00000001 and move the data folder somewhere else before loading.

i see the normal loading screen.

sorry, i was having an issue with the comment formatting.

when you say the 000001 folder, do you mean to delete “00001 and the 00001.metadata?”

when you click to open the save game location, a folder will open, inside of it you will have the folder save_data, go up one folder and you will have the 00000001 folder and the file 00000001.metadata, go up yet another folder and you will have only the data folder, move this folder (you don’t need to delete, in case the save game isn’t the issue). launch your game after that.

So, did that and heres a weird issue, i get in a game with some of the dlc characters, but its laggy af.
But its done this with both ways

disable ‘Enable Hardware Shader’, it may improve performance.

well that helped with frames, but still cant load in with base characters

well 2 of us are having the issue of Shulk and Mario making it loading issue happen, so it might just be a rom issue

thank you for your help, i should try other roms or something

Wait for a mod to investigate this issue further.

In that case, this is the same issue mentioned in this topic, which there was never a solution found for. Really, all I can say is to make sure you’re using a legit ROM dumped from your 3DS using our guide, otherwise we can’t really help.