Super Smash Bros Slow downs

Some Stages are unplayable and 4-players are stuttery:
The game runs full speed most of the levels, but the stage Living Room is totally unplayable, running at almost slow-motion. Interesting enough, when I speed up the emulator the stage almost get pretty playable, same with 4-player battles, but they tend to stutter. I can run every game that I own pretty much full speed, but I occasionally encounter these slows downs in interesting parts, for example Mario 3d World is perfect never had a framerate drop in game, but when the transition of menus occur (the loading yellow screen) I get framerate drops

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
    *RAM: 8GB DDR3
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 960M 4GB
  • Citra Version: Citra Canary-423 released 2018-03-18
  • Game: Super Smash Bros. 3DS
    Log:
    It’s not a problem with the application, just want to know how to fix these annoying little problems, there isn’t a problem with the log whatsoever

How much of a frame drop? What rendering method are you using? CPU or GPU?

It usually gets from 30% to 38%, I am using GPU rendering with OpenGL

might be worth it to check the hard drive … it might be near its end ^

Hmm, interesting, I have to say that it’s not only Citra, and not every game that has these very short framerate drops. Never thought about the Hard Drive, but by saying “near it’s end” you say by almost no amount left in the storage or that it might be damaged and needs a change/fix?

Hard drive doesn’t have to do with anything in here. Most likely the person experiences frame drops from basic emulation problems.

I see… So is there any workaround? I mean, I changed from OpenGL to Software backend, the Shader Emulation from GPU to CPU and the internal resolution as well, and no differences, I didn’t change anything else. It’s probably my rig that can’t take super smash properly then. But if there is anything else that I can do to improve the performance I would greatly appreciate

The slowdowns are normal. That just means the emulator is still not optimized enough. You can’t really do anything, since it’s not a issue on your side.

1 Like