Switch pro controller disconnecting moments after connecting

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.\

whenever i connect my switch pro controller (an afterglow wireless one) via Bluetooth it says in the console it connects but then the little led on the bottom of the controller freezes and it then disconnects, I checked the event logs on my computer and they said the Bluetooth device either went out of range or stopped responding. I havent tried plugging it in via cable yet but as at the time of posting this I don’t have the cable on me I cant test it. i have gotten it to work but only when i somehow manage to stop the controller from connecting to citra (an error occurs but i cant find a reliable way of triggering it) and then using betteryjoy to connect.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 11
  • CPU: intel core i5-9300H
  • GPU: GTX 1650 and intel UHD graphics 630
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1737
  • Game: all since my controller wont connect
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (5.4 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

i would also like to mention the controller works on every other game ive used it for

i managed to get the error that allows me to connect to betterjoy to then use the virtual controller. here is the log file with the error.
citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

i tried the controller with the wired configuration and it wasnt detected either but when i disoconnect it citra then crashes
citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

The log file seems to indicate the controller driver is confused. Likely because of the third party controller. Not sure what we could do about this given the fact that Citra doesn’t have native support for Switch pro controllers.

ok i found a work around, for any who are wondering i used hidhide to hide my controller and whitelisted betterjoyforcemu and then connect the controller to betterjoy and use the virtual controller. i also tried a bunch of driver stuff but none of it worked. i eventually looked at hidguardian then found hidhide and that does the charm. so if you hadnt pointed me towards drivers i would have never figureed out a way to get it to work so thanks.

1 Like