Switching from AMD to NVidia GPU

Hi :slight_smile:

Running Yuzu MB 883 on Win10 here.

I am NOT familiar with anything gaming/GPU. I don’t know the difference between OpenGL and Vulkan or even what they are actually. I don’t have a precise idea if what an API, a driver, shader(s) or anything like that are. I know I should do my homework and educate myself. But… but nothing. I should just do my homework, excuse my ignorance and laziness…

I’ve been running Yuzu quite successfully for a while now and I was using an old Rx590 (8GB) that now show signs of failure. I decided to try to switch for a used GTX1060 (6GB) that I could get free of charge.

Up until now I’ve been using Vulkan and pretty default settings in Yuzu (except for 1 game where I needed to use OpenGL instead. Now after switching to Nvidia, I guess I need to change that (I’ve been told by you guys and others that Vulkan is better for AMD/intel while OpenGL is better for Nvidia GPUs, right?), right? So I decided to try to start with default settings as well here and walk my way from there if I encounter any glitches or poor performance. But right from the start I need to chose between GLASM and GLSL and obviously I have no idea what any of this means.

I guess I’ll try with GLASM and call it a day but if you guys could give me general guidelines about what decent settings should be, I’d appreciate it.

Have a good one and thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
-a-

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Even with an Nvidia GPU, I would use Vulkan first and only move to OpenGL if needed.
I have a short description of all of the options here: Progress Report July 2021 - yuzu

2 Likes

I’m sticking with Nvidia GPU with Intel CPU, Vulkan is much better now.

I’m now using an Nvidia GPU (1060 6GB) with an AMD CPU (5600G) and Vulkan in Yuzu.