Switching to New Laptop

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
I don’t know if this belongs here. If it doesn’t please let me know where I can post this.
I’m switching to a new a laptop soon. The details of my laptop are down below. I’ve been playing Ultra Sun for quite sometime and I just want to know if I can somehow transfer this saved file to the new laptop.

System Information

• Operating System: * Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-3110M 2.40Ghz
  • GPU: Intel HD graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1392

I’m using 1392 because 1595 would occasionally crash. I understand that build 1392 has no save states.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You can transfer all saves & settings by copying all folders from %appdata%\Citra to the same place on your new laptop.

Oh okay. Does it matter if I’m switching to another OS?

Depends, if it’s Windows 7 -> Windows 10 then no but if it’s Mac or Linux yes, however the folders you copy will be the same, only the location will be different.

Yeah I’m switching to a Mac. Thank you so much.

You can read more about the user folder here:

Hm, I’m wondering if it’s bad timing buying a new iMac/MacBook when Apple recently announced that they are switching to the new Apple Silicon (or well, Citra won’t work on those though but for other use cases) coming in late 2020.

Feel free to ask if you run into problems with Citra on your new Mac :slight_smile:

That’s what I was thinking as well. But as far as functionality, it’ll be okay to get MBA 2020. Well, compared to my laptop now.