Tell me. Are you working at Citra for android?

Hi. I really wanna know. When will be Citra for Android?
Really it would be great

No one currently is working on a Android port of Citra.

Why not? mobile device CPU/GPU not power full ?

Explanation provided by jroweboy

You’d have to make some extremely minor code changes to disable both the cpu jit and the shader jit as they both only emit x86_64 and do NOT have an aarch64 backend. Worded differently, a 64 bit phone is not the same as a 64 bit pc as a 64bit phone is 64bit ARM and the pc is 64bit x86.
So its still possible? If I disabled those two things then it’ll run right? Well once you’ve disabled both of those, then your performance will go straight down the toilet. I’m talking seconds per frame.
So what is needed to get citra running on mobile? Lets just talk about the most viable route to get a decently fast version of citra running on the highest end android devices.

• Add an aarch64 backend to dynarmic (the cpu jit). (also port it from xbyak to asmjit so you can even do that.) I’d estimate somewhere in the low hundreds of hours.
  • Add a vulkan backend to citra. low to mid range of hundreds of hours. A huge undertaking! You would need someone whos both very familiar with the 3ds gpu and vulkan and is willing to put in a bunch of time to write all that. my head is spinning thinking about that :stuck_out_tongue: (Good thing about a vulkan backend is it can be used on both pc and phone!)
  • Add a few things like an android ui. things like a menu or whatever. I’d say 10 hours. You can just rip most of that from PPSSPP for a start and it wouldn’t be too hard to adapt.
1 Like

Well I made this here to play Citra via a mobile device: https://github.com/uberhalit/CitraTouchControl

The emu is obviously still running on your PC/Server but if you wan’t to play Citra from your couch on a (fast) tablet you can do so yes: https://a.pomf.cat/rqiutm.webm

@uberhalit If we modify it a bit for Cemu, can you play any Wii U games through this app like Bayonetta 2 and Kirby Rainbow Curse?

Sure yes a bit of modification will get it working with Cemu too. However I don’t play any Wii U games so you’ll have to fork it yourself. Also keep in mind that you’ll be limitied to RDP responsiveness; fast action games that require key-combos and carefully timed movement won’t give a great experience when played over RDP.

as an update, someone has started working on an aarch64 linux port. this doesn’t mean it’ll run on android or anything, but aarch64 is the cpu architecture that some phones use, which is a step towards an eventual android port. (it really not close at all to running on android but this is some news)

1 Like

I forgot where I got it but it was a citra apk, It ran surprisingly well on my phone. It was when my phone updated to android 10 that it stopped working but until then it ran pretty smooth