Texture Issues in Pokemon X/Y

Issue:
Hi! So my girlfriend and I are trying to play Pokemon X and Y together, and while my games are running perfectly normal for citra, she has textures that are flickering blue/black on several surfaces. We’ve tried every possible combination of settings in graphics > advanced, like turning off hardware shader and disk shader cache, but none of those setting combinations have made a difference one way or the other. We also tried updating her drivers, but that had no effect either (though it’s possible we did that wrong, I don’t know about macs). We’d greatly appreciate it if anyone could identify her issue :smiley:

(after just learning what her graphics card is I’m worried about that, as it is an old mac)

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS 10.15 Catalina, latest version
  • CPU: 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1970
  • Game: Pokemon X and Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): unable to get a picture (probably because the textures were flashing too rapidly)

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (264.0 KB)

citra_log.txt (264.0 KB)

Does the bot hate this log in particular or did we copy it wrong lmao

Try turning off Hardware Renderer in Citra>Preferences>Graphics>Advanced Tab and see if the flickering textures remain. Note, this will make the game run very slowly, that’s normal. Let us know if the flickering issue still occurs afterwards.

1 Like

That does stop the flickering, yes, but is there any way to make it playable while also keeping the flickering gone? :smiley:

Alternatively, is there any way to speed citra back up while keeping hardware renderer off?

citra_log.txt (88.3 KB)

No, the software renderer (activates when you turn off hardware renderer) is not fast enough for regular use.

1 Like

The log file suggest this being a GPU OpenGL drivers related issue. I’m not well versed enough in MacOS to know whether this is something you could solve. Sorry.

1 Like

Unfortunate, but do you think that having her use windows via bootcamp would have a shot at solving the issue since she’d have a different set of drivers? Regardless, thanks for the support boys :slight_smile: