Whenever I want to start a game the emulator stays on a black screen and closes
- Operating System:
- CPU: i5-7400
- GPU: Quadro FX580
- Citra Version (found in title bar): 1721
- Game: Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
The log file is incomplete. Make sure you follow the steps carefully:
- Open Citra, then go to
File>Open Citra Folder (Citra>Open Citra Folder if on MacOS) and open up the
log folder. Now keep that open in the background.
- Launch your game and encounter the problem; crash/slowdown/glitch and close Citra if it doesn’t do so by itself. Do not restart Citra as that will wipe the log of important information!
- Now upload the log file in this chat.
Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date: NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Desktop/Notebook Driver Branch 340 U15 WHQL
If they are, then try disabling Hardware Shaders in
Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab. Older GPUs like yours tend to have issues with it.