The operating problem of Switch Pro Controller

Strictly speaking, that’s maybe not a big problem, but I hope to give an opinion. I usually use the Switch Pro Controller to play Yuzu and Citra that can be used smoothly. However when the pro con is used in yuzu, it often touches the top taskbar suddenly with no reason (maybe controller’s hotkeys??) and then pops up a windows to affect my game’s experience, even though I have cleared all the hotkeys.

Actually the problem often occurs in Yuzu, not in Citra, not on Steam, and certainly not on Switch. In fact, I just want to report the incident. I understand that may not be able to solve my problem, but I hope it can be a reference for devs.

P.S. the log files is too big that exceed 4MB so I cannot upload it… :sweat_smile:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

detect as keyboard?? well…It’s kinda similar… :rofl:

Hello, I upload the log file to my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1crqbK3R20jm9UKfUXrEwOVQ9UHJonEcr/view?usp=sharing

Try unmapping the controller hotkeys in the config page for it.

Yes, I’ve already done it, it’s on the picture on the top post. But the problem still exists.

Hmm. After you cleared them did you hit apply and reopen emu and verify they remained cleared?

I wonder if the button in ui for view >> reset windows size also helps any.

Another random thing i can think of is close steam fully if it is in background even it can manipulate controllers

1 Like

Yes, of course. I have indeed done it. :worried:

I just tried to change the Xbox controller, as the result is no problem occurs, it seems that my switch pro con is not suitable for yuzu?? :sweat_smile:

Some third party controller support can be a bit weird here. Not entirely of fault to yuzu it also has something to do with the controllers

OK…I see…It seems that there is still no solution. :worried:

OK, you may be right, after a lot of trials and experimentations I found that after turning off the Steam Desktop Client, I was using the Switch Pro Controller on yuzu without any problems. :smiley:

Glad to hear it! A way to remedy it with steam open is if you go into big picture then uncheck or remove your controller. But it can be much easier to just temp close steam from taskbar.

1 Like