The Windows Creator Update might break citra

At least it did for me.
I installed the update early and citra started crashing upon loading a game.
The last log message would be something from the opengl debug callback about the buffer.

Render.OpenGL video_core\renderer_opengl\renderer_opengl.cpp:DebugHandler:478: API OTHER 131185: Buffer detailed info: Buffer object 1 (bound to GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (0), GL_VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING_ARB (1), and GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, usage hint is GL_STREAM_DRAW) will use VIDEO memory as the source for buffer object operations.

An exception (Access Violation) in nvoglv64.dll will occur shortly after, when citra tries to draw,
I assume it has something to do with the introduction of the game bar, which is an overlay that you can always access after installing the update. I don’t have the logs because i needed to roll back the update to confirm my suspicions and i don’t want to intall the update and roll back again to reproduce the error.

(nvoglv64.dll is Nvidia tech)
Just out of curiosity, while this might be a Citra issue, has Nvidia released an official driver for the Creators Update? Nvidia drivers break really easily between Windows versions.

EDIT: They most certainly have: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.65/381.65-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

I have just bisected this issue. The problem is these drivers that you just posted @Selby . Avoid the 381.65 driver for now at any costs. Also it doesn’t just break Citra. It also breaks a lot of emulators using OpenGL. Use the 378.78 driver for now.

Downgrading the driver was the first thing i tried to solve the issue and it had no effect. In fact i have the drivers installed right now and citra runs just fine.

Thanks for the heads up people :smiley: