TLoZ Breath of the Wild - Crash when using camera after 10 minutes of play

After an update onto yuzu ver 364, the game still has this issue, although it took much longer than 10 minutes for it to occur, so things are improving.

Could you try with multicore disabled?

Did so, the game was unplayably slow but I persevered to see if it remedied the issue. It did not, the crash still happened. Log here: yuzu_log.txt (966.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 364             . HEAD-mainline-636-3293-gc7506f685
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            446.14
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Huh, your page file keeps reverting. It may be the cause of this last log, “Debug video_core\shader\decode\memory.cpp:TrackGlobalMemory:477: Assertion Failed! Global memory tracking failed” is proof of that.
I consider BotW as quite unstable for now, it is quite remarkable that you can play over 15 minutes.

That’s the crazy thing, the game is fully playable if you don’t use the camera at all. I completed everything up to getting the camera with no issues, and if I never use it the game never crashes. It’s just that the game wants you to record items, creatures and weapons using the camera. It’s also very easy to predict when the game will crash due to this, so I’m just saving right beforehand and not losing any progress if it does crash.

The game is so close to being fully playable aside from this issue, heavily populated areas causing some lag, shader stutter making stuff look a bit funky and none of the video cutscenes playing properly. I’ve got a decent ways into the game with not really many problems.

Either way, I’m just gonna leave it for now and come back to it in a few months when the emulator’s coming along a bit more. It’s not far off though!

1 Like