Tomodachi Corrupted Graphics for image minigames (mac)

Issue:
I know that Mac’s are not the best thing to run citra, alongside with any game, since it’s literal brick. But I have been having these corrupted/black graphics in image based minigames and in Thought Bubble (proposal minigame too) with faces. Is this a issue in regardless to citra not loading in the right textures or is it a GPU problem.

System Information

• Operating System: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
  • CPU: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1112
  • Game: Tomodachi Life (USA) v 1.01
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

28%20PM

Setting in graphics v
18%20PM

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (65.4 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Update your OS and also try the latest nightly build available afterwards.

citra_log.txt (69.3 KB)

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

In terms of common issues I kept seeing [ 0.277584] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:237: Secure1 KeyX missing
[ 0.277585] Service.FS core/file_sys/ncch_container.cpp:Load:251: Secure2 KeyX missing

Well you see my computer suffers the 3.3 opnegl problem, despite me having the requirements with 4.1. It’s just that it’s a brick(mac) so it can only run up to nightly 1144 and canary 1112. Also both are the same outcome.

Not really relevant to the issue you are experiencing, as i mentioned before you need to update your OS since citra is built based on updated OS features, specially on mac os.

either way you should update your system as it contains updated drivers, etc. and if i recall correctly the latest builds should work on updated mac os systems.

you mean mojave, right?

Yup! minimum characters…

citra_log.txt (71.7 KB)

updated it to nightly 1180 and same results
57%20PM
39%20PM

Mac Has been updated to Mojave 10.14.3

Unfortunately there is little that can be done, you may submit an issue on citra’s github page but in reality these issues have little/nothing to do with citra.

Apple hasn’t yet approved/released their nvidia web drivers for mojave, and even if you were on high sierra, which does have nvidia web drivers (assuming that it would fix these graphical issues, which AFAIK it doesn’t), other issues would still persist, devs would have to target the outdated high sierra while users on the newer mojave would still face these issues or worse.

Again, you may submit this issue here, but i’m not sure if its valid given apple’s lack of support.

thanks for the help thou.
Anything helps