Tomodachi life crashes when setting up Mii

Issue:
whenever i go to import my Mii from Mii maker i get as far as to put in my Miis first name before the game just completely freezes Citra, the background glitches out and the same thing happens when i try vice versa.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 21H1

• CPU: Intel Core i5 2450m

• GPU: GeForce GT 540M

• Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1756

• Game: Tomodachi life (Pal)

• Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (1.0 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1756   HEAD-25ad002
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz | AVX
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            GeForce GT 540M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           382.05
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Official Drivers | NVIDIA

just because my Graphics processor is old that doesn’t make it the outdated driver for the Processor. THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID EVERYWHERE!

Afraid to say that the bot is right. This is the most up-to-date driver for your GPU and operating system: GeForce Game Ready Driver | 391.35 | Windows 10 64-bit | NVIDIA

Not that I blame you or the bot, NVIDIA still hasn’t fixed the stupid driver page for Fermi GPUs, making all of this way less clear than it needs to be.

Regardless, your issue is more likely to do with your nand dump. Older dumping methods dumped the keyboard applet incorrectly, which results in the observed behavior. We can fix this by deleting this applet in your Citra’s nand folder (File>Open Citra Folder → nand) so that Citra uses our open source implementation instead:

USA: nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040030/ delete the 0000C802 folder found here.

EUR: nand/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040030/ delete the 00009802 folder foud here.

Restart Citra and see if the issue remains. If it does, upload another log file.