Tomodachi Life immediately Crashes Citra

Issue:
Ok so i open Tomodachi Life and it immediately crashes Citra. I checked the logs and nothing was there

System Information

• Operating System: Windowns 10
  • CPU: idk
  • GPU: idk
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Latest
  • Game: Tomodachi Life
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):ezgif-4-ffbf24db63a3

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Please upload a log file using the guide posted above.

I’m having the same issue. I downloaded Citra last night and successfully ran Tomodachi Life, but upon trying to run it today, it immediately crashes Citra. I’m using Mac rather than Windows, but here is my log file if that can help the problem: citra_log.txt (5.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1697 HEAD-b3cab3c
Operating System                              macOS 11.2
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’m also attaching the text that I was given in the window notifying me that Citra has crashed (It was under “Problem Details and System Configuration”. Not sure if this is the same as the log I already uploaded, just wanting to provide as much info as I can so that this can be fixed! Problem Details and System Configuration.txt (109.0 KB)

Go to Citra>Preferences>Graphics>Advanced Tab and disable the Disk Shader Cache. Now retry launching your game. Let us know if it works.

That worked for me, thanks so much!

1 Like

Didn’t work. it still does the same problem

My response to litewashdenim had nothing to do with your problem. Please actually upload your log file like I asked you to do yesterday so we can troubleshoot your issue: How to Upload the Log File

ok here it is citra_log.txt (8.9 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1697 HEAD-b3cab3c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Quadro M4000/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            391.25
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Download Drivers | NVIDIA

You should update your GPU drivers to the latest available: NVIDIA DRIVERS NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 460 WHQL

If this doesn’t solve the issue, please upload another log file.

yes, i recently installed citra and wanted to run tomodachi life. my screen became black as soon as i opened the game. citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.