Tomodachi Life keeps getting stuck on Black and White screen

For some reason, whenever I try to launch Tomodachi life now, I just get a black and white screen. I’m not sure what happened because this just happened randomly in the middle of the day and I was able to play just this morning. I did update Citra after Tomodachi Life couldn’t run but it had no effect on it. Also, whenever this happens, I have to end up force quitting Citra. Does anyone have any solutions?

I have a MacOS and I have Citra Canary. Once again, this game is Tomodachi Life. Just in case the screenshot isn’t there for you (I was having issues) the screen basically shows two white rectangles and everything else is black. No matter how long I wait, The game doesn’t start running and I always have to force quit Canary.

citra_log.txt (61.0 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1733 HEAD-ea36ba1
Operating System                              macOS Mojave (10.14)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7360U CPU @ 2.30GHz
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 640
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable CPU JIT                                [x]
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1733 HEAD-ea36ba1
Operating System                              macOS Mojave (10.14)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7360U CPU @ 2.30GHz
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 640
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable CPU JIT                                [x]
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

the game runs perfect on the nightly builds but for some reason some games don’t work with canary builds on mac os (get a black, white or grey screen when launching the rom)