Tomodachi Life Running 2-10 FPS

So I Installed The Tomodachi Life 3ds file for Citra and i was really excited but then it was running 2-10 FPS. I played it for like 1 and a half months and now took a break. today i opened it remembering how laggy it was. I couldnt stand the lag so i came here.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics, 1800 Mhz.
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1536
  • Game: Tomodachi Life
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
  • Log: citra_log.txt (17.0 KB)
    Diagnostic Log
    Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

You should update your GPU drivers to the latest available: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a4-series-apu-for-laptops/a4-6210-radeon-r3-graphics

Furthermore, you can try disabling Hardware Shaders in Emulation>Configuration>Graphics>Advanced Tab. This sometimes improves performance for AMD GPU users, although the performance gain for this is a bit hit or miss.

Keep in mind though that your hardware is well below minimum specifications for Citra. Your CPU has a single thread rating of around 600, whilst Citra recommends you have at least 1800. your CPU is also paired with an AMD iGPU, which has terrible OpenGL drivers (which Citra relies on to accelerate emulation). You might gain a tad bit better peformance when dual booting into Linux (as Linux has way better OpenGL drivers for AMD GPUs), but you should only attempt that if you know what you’re doing.

Thanks, ima try that later because im in my mums right now and they have a far more faster computer.
Hardware:

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9400T CPU @ 1.80GHz
  • GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Yea, that should be a lot better for Citra.

So i have installed The New GPU (didnt know you can do that)
Where can i see my gpu?

When i tried to start tomodachi life, now it says
“Your GPU may not support OpenGL 3.3, or you do not have the latest graphics driver.”

it also says that i have an original microsoft gpu

I’m assuming you did that on your Mother’s system as you cannot replace or add a GPU on a laptop.

Press both the Windows Key and R at the same time and type devmgmt.msc. in the run box. Then press OK. This should open up device manager. Now expand the Display Adapters tab to see what GPU(s) you currently have installed in your system. Please tell me what it says there or upload a screenshot of your Display Adapters tab.

If you just installed a new GPU, that means you haven’t installed the drivers for them yet. Drivers are basically software that allows your hardware (your GPU in this case) to communicate with your software (programs, like Citra in this case). These drivers also include support for Graphics APIs like OpenGL (which Citra uses to emulate). These drivers are also what allows your GPU to output a video output for you to look at on your monitor. So without these, you’d have a black screen.

As microsoft doesn’t sell GPUs, this message is likely referring to your drivers. If you haven’t installed the official drivers for your GPU, Windows will have your GPU use Window’s own basic as all hell drivers to allow you to see stuff on your screen. That’s their only use, so doing anything else on those drivers (like play games or render stuff) will severely bottleneck the performance of your GPU.
If you uninstall your drivers of any existing GPU in your system, Windows will also force that GPU to use Window’s basic display drivers.

Like I mentioned above, you need to install the correct drivers for your newly installed GPU in order to to actually use it to it’s full potential. I can try to find the correct driver for you if you tell me what GPU you have installed (please refer to the instructions I gave earlier on where to find that information)

ok, im at my mum’s and dad’s again so ill check that out later today and ill tell the gpu.