Transfer Safedata from a Desktop to another

Hello Guys,

i want to copy my safegame from one Desktop to another, so first i just tried to copy safegame and the system file. That didnt worked. After i ask at the discord Server Snake told me to copy the sdmc and the nand Folder. This didnt helped either. Then i found this forum and this Thread:

There Sanke described exactly what to do and what i did and it didnt worked. So at the end he ask the Threadmaker if he used the exact same Dump. I controlled that and copied the exact same Dump from Desktop 1 to Desktop. Also didnt helped :frowning:

what iam doing wrong? The Game is Zelda ocarina of Time and the only Game i play with Citra so far.

thanks in advance !

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

ok Snake explained the right solution at discord:

" 1. Load your save state, save in-game, then transfer the folders again. After that, load your save file in-game."

beacuse:

"The problem is the type of “savedata”. There are 2 ways to save and load your save data in this emulator:

1. Save states. Which is what you’ve been using → The option found under the Emulation menu that you showed in your earlier screenshot.
  2. The game’s internal way of saving your game. Which is how you would normally save on your 3DS.

Number 1 cannot be transferred between Citra versions. Number 2 can be transferred"

worked out. thanks again Snake !

1 Like