Transfer save data

I need some help. So i have been playing Monster Hunter Generation in citra, i would like to know if i can transfer the save data to Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate on switch

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yes, transfer the save data to your 3DS first(make sure you can load your character ingame), then download the MHGU transfer app from the Nintendo eShop. Start MHGU on your Switch and pick the transfer option, then open the transfer app on your 3DS and link the consoles. Upload the save data from your 3DS then download it on your Switch.

I think there are like video tutorials from people like Arekkz that show the transfer process between MHGen->MHGU on 3DS & Switch.

How can i transfer it to 3ds chief?

You can use like Checkpoint, uh what I do is first dump the save on my 3DS(to generate the folders) then when I access the SD card on my PC I just replace the files with the ones from Citra and then on my 3DS pick import save with Checkpoint.

MHGen only use “extra data” so that is what you will be working with.

Then just do it in reverse.

1 Like

Thx alot dude! You helped me soo much

1 Like

But that also mean i need the game in 3ds right?

Yes, but since you are already playing on Citra I assume you are using your own dump of the game.

Yes i will use my own save file but i still need the game tho, i can borrow my friends 3ds for the transfering but he didnt have the game