Ultra Moon crash after selecting starter

Issue:
My game seems to crash whenever I try to pick my starter. The cutscene where you hold your pokemon plays out but once the screen goes black the music cuts off and the game seems to have crashed. Emulation Speed and FPS drop to zero. Trying to close the game in Citra causes it to get unresponsive and I have to force close the emulator using task manager.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1719
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15w3rpknNmtkgsrTUMYl2dZY8fjDWLd0o/view?usp=sharing

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Can you explain why exactly you’re making a topic that states your systems specs, yet the log file you linked has nothing to do with your system? In fact, it isn’t even for the game you claimed it is.

To be clear, I looked at this exact log file recently. It’s from here: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Crashing Randomly - #8 by zzzyawn

Please follow the guide that the bot posted above this comment to generate and upload your own log file for your issue.

Oh, I was checking that link earlier and must have forgotten to select mine.
This is the correct one!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15w3rpknNmtkgsrTUMYl2dZY8fjDWLd0o/view?usp=sharing

Sorry about my little mistake there!

That’s a private link. Please upload a public link to your log file.

I updated the link. It should be accessible now.

Yup, I can access it. It’s chuck full of unmapped read errors, which is usually a pretty good indicator that Citra encountered corrupted files. The log file also shows that there are some files in your nand folder which may be tained. So we can check those first.

Go to File>Open Citra Folder and rename the nand folder here to nand edit. That should have Citra create a new nand folder upon launch. So the next step is to relaunch Citra and launch your game. If it still crashes, please upload a new log file.

Yes! That seems to have fixed the problem.
After a little bit of playing there weren’t any further problems.
Plus the game seems to run a lot smoother too.
Thank you!