Ultra moon screen goes black when i enable 'enable hardware shader'

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
When i play ultra moon the game is fairly slow and runs at 19 fps in the outside environment, but runs at around 27 fps inside buildings. What i have noticed is that when i turn on ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ and enter the game, everything is fine, until i select my profile, then the screen goes black, but the game is still playable and is running at 30 fps and at 100% speed. I am hoping that someone could help me

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: intel core i3-7100 2.40GHz
  • GPU: intel hd graphics 620
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra canary #766
  • Game: Pokemon ultra moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (30.9 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

That is a known issue currently, reduce internal resolution for better performance.

i have the resolution at 2x native, but even though i change it to native, i still have the same problem.

what i meant is that enabling ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ will cause issues regardless, however you can try to reduce internal resolution to increase framerate.

Hm, can you do a test with these two builds?

Does 860 enables you to see anything with Hardware Shader on? And does it break on 861?

I tried, but unfortunately both 860 and 861 showed me the black screen when i chose my profile.

[ 20.281466] Render.OpenGL video_core/renderer_opengl/renderer_opengl.cpp:Init:520: GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 - Build 23.20.16.4973

Your GPU drivers are outdated. Try updating them by downloading the driver from here, and turning on hardware shaders after that.

well…I updated my drivers and it still happens, i think it might be a bug, but hey your the expert and i would love to hear your opinion about this.

also i noticed that if during my gameplay i turn the shaders on, the game will be butter smooth, but if i enter a building or a battle the black screen comes back on.

This is likely an issue with Intel graphics drivers in general that you can’t do much about.

1 Like