Ultra Sun black screen at Alola Photo Club

Issue:
So after I enter the Alola Photo Club and talk to the lady (for progressing further) after beating the first grand trial, I get a black screen. I am using the latest nightly build.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics Family
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-1f36472
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.
https://pastebin.com/w8YcUhya

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

I need help. pokemon sun. bug photoclub

The issue is known. The only thing you can do now is to wait until this gets fixed, or try a workaround by grabbing the save from Citra, importing it to your 3DS, playing through the broken part and bringing the save back to Citra.

Alright, thank you very much.

I’m fairly certain you can skip the picture taking portion (if that’s what is causing the crash), by just leaving the building. You don’t actually have to take the picture

Nope you have to it’s in the story mode

Same here, has it been fixed yet? I thought I had a faulty cia file lol

You can skip Alola photo club, with this method, this video is in spanish, but it’s easy:

when will it be fixed?

I don’t believe the root cause has been tracked down yet, nor is anyone looking into it, so it’s hard to say when.

Any updates? Been waiting a long time to continue the story. Also I tried the fix from the video above on a mac. I downloaded the Editor application using an unbottler to run it but I couldn’t seem to find save files anywhere in my system. Any mac alternatives or what am I doing wrong?

to find the save file in citra, right click the game in the game list and choose “open save data location”

The game does’t appear for me on the citra page/list I always have to drag the file in or do file>load file .

File -> Select Game Directory ...

Feel retarded omg thank you sir.

So when trying to rectify the Alola glitch the PkHex method doesn’t work as it can’t pick up local files of a mac even though I have made them visible.

Why can’t you just bring back the save into your 3DS, play the part there and bring it back to Citra?

My 3DS broke thats why I’m using citra :confused:

Does anyone have an update on this problem on Mac? Can’t get it fixed :frowning:

The solution has been already listed in the thread.

closed #21