Ultra Sun major slow down on loading misc data

Issue:
Main issues I’m having is loading from place to place, loading battles, loading screens in general. I can get into a stable 100% when just walking around the overworld and 100% with occasional dips to mid 90s during battles once Pokemon are on the field. This seems more like a “cirta doesn’t have enough processing power to load and generate the data Ultra Sun has”. I’ve already tried boosting power, messing with all the settings I can find in configure, nothing really seems to help, however nothing seems to hinder it either. When I do get the stable portions it’s at 3x resolution and lowering or increasing that seems to have no impact.

[Edit]: Fixed a typo

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1689
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Logcitra_log.txt (4.7 KB)
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Core_CPUClockPercentage: 265

Set this back to 100% in the system tab in Citra configuration. Emulation becomes unstable if this is not set to 100%.

What you are describing is “CRO loading”. Maybe in the future these kinds of loading will be faster.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Having buttery smooth, perfect frame pacing isn’t really possible yet. I also have some hiccups here and there even on a Ryzen 9 3900X.

Ok, will do, I was trying to overclock the core cpu in some sort of attempt to make it run quicker.

Yeah that makes sense now, I’ve done some major changes before and recognize CRO from that.

It’s all good, chief, I’ve just seen videos that have smoother transitions on older builds and so was attempting to recreate that for myself.

There was a regression awhile ago but that should have been fixed since Nightly 1484.

I have noticed better load speeds on the current canary build(Canary 1948) rather than on the current nightly build(Nightly 1689) for anyone who may be reading this. The difference is minor but it’s there, and when it means the difference between slowing to 8 frames for 8 seconds and slowing to 15 frames for 4 seconds it’s worth noting.