Unable to connect in the same room even after regenerating my id

Issue:
I have made 2 citra. one installed other manually. made the user folder in the copied one and then copied citra in roaming to the manually made folder. then i regenrate my id but whenever i try to connect with the same room … it does not connect… I am trying to trade between OMEGA RUBY And Y…

System Information

• Operating System: microsoft windows 10 pro education
  • CPU: intel core i7 - 7500U 2.70gh 2.9 gh
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (citra canary 1388):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (10.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1389 HEAD-f14d36d
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Remember to set up one citra instance in portable mode.

Sorry … Didnt get you. how can I do that??? please brief

But the user folder would do the same thing , right ?? I have created user folder, do I still need to portable the citra like in usb ?

No, nothing like that, just the user (lowercase) folder. also don’t use the same token on your second citra instance, you don’t need one to play locally.

hi I have the same problem of this original post, but I run citra on a mac. Whenever I try to regenerate the ID, they copy each other. Please help?

As mentioned above, you must have two citra folders, usually by making a copy of your first citra folder.

In this second citra folder create a new folder and name it user, doing so will put this second citra instance into portable mode which store its config files, save files, etc on the user folder.

Now you copy your nand/sdmc folder from ~/.local/share/citra-emu/ to the user folder.

launch citra-qt inside this second folder and regenerate your id.

Thank you for trying to help. But just to clarify, would I put the copy of the citra file all in a file named “user” or which files exactly would I put in the “user” file? I have a Mac and the files located in the citra file are: a scripting file, a libs file, the license txt file, a README.md file (I have no idea), and two terminals. I’m sorry if I sound really dumb or if I’m overcomplicating this

Again, sorry if I sound dumb, but I don’t know what a nand/sdmc file is. I also don’t know much about paths

Sorry if I’m spamming, but I read up on it and now I know that they are directories. But how would I access these directories? I don’t see the folders anywhere

These files are your citra folder installation, the two ‘terminals’ are citra and citra-qt. you launch citra by opening citra-qt.

copy all of those files into a new folder, lets call it citra2 folder, inside citra2 create a new folder and name it user. now copy the all folders from ~/.local/share/citra-emu/ into the user folder.

now launch citra-qt on your first citra, also launch the citra-qt inside the citra2 folder, now regenerate your id on the citra-qt from folder citra2.

I really appreciate your help. But I don’t know where “~/.local/share/citra-emu/” is.

Follow these instructions to finder ~/.local/share/citra-emu/ folder:

well thank you for trying to help me. I literally checked 5 times to see if I made any errors, reread everything u wrote, and checked all the files. ill just have to accept it lol

can you make a video of the setup you made and what is going wrong? it would be a lot easier to help you.

oh i see, you should create the user folder inside either ‘canary’ or ‘nightly’ (whichever you play on), which is where citra-qt resides.

I’ll send u a link to a vid