Unable to Connect Pokemon Omega Ruby to the Internet

Hey.
I just started using Citra yesterday and have started a Pokemon Omega Ruby run.
I’ve just received the Playnav from Wally and was hoping to do some wonder trading of a few Pokemon I caught just to activate their Nav radars.

I did a Google search and found a Youtube video that instructs one to enter a Citra username and token into the web tab in the configure settings and I’ve done this but the game still won’t connect to the internet. It gets stuck on the “Connecting to the internet…please wait a moment.” box and I have to reset the ROM to end the process as I can’t cancel it.

The same Google search also produced a topic here that stated that Citra doesn’t support network activity or interactive internet features or whatever it’s called but it’s two years old so I felt compelled to check again.
Is this information still valid? Or is there something I can do to get it working?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Unknown
  • GPU: Unknown
    (Sorry I’m not an expert, I’m not even sure what CPU and GPU mean).
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1341
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

1 Like

Any function which requires you to use the internet will not work on Citra, because the DS needs to access the Nintendo servers, which you obviously can’t with the emulator.

On the other hand, some functions (like Battle or Trading) are supported using the token system you mentioned yourself, under the Multiplayer menu you can browse the room list or create your own.

Functions which are supported, are those in which 2 3ds’s would directly communicate with each other, as if you and the other user were sitting on teh same couch. No features which required internet connection would be supported.

So no wonder trading?
That’s such a shame, it’s one of the more enjoyable experiences of ORAS.

Thank you both for the responses.

I have the same problem, so, it means there is no solution, will I have to abandon the save?

Why abandon the save?
Citra supports local trades, which are redirected over a server so you can even connect with people far away, and you can also use PKHeX to get Pokemon that you can’t get ingame. Or just use your 3DS for internet connectivity and move the save file back to Citra afterwards.

Hello, I can’t connect to the internet in POkemon Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby. I waited for a very long time but it is still coming, “connecting to the internet. please wait a moment”. Please check my log file.

Here is my log file
citra_log.txt (115.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1850 HEAD-063cae9dd
Operating System                              Ubuntu Core 20
CPU                                           AMD Athlon 3000G with Radeon Vega Graphics     
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             AMD RAVEN2 (DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.0-47-generic, LLVM 10.0.0)
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

i enabled see my log this time citra_log.txt (384.3 KB)

CPU                                           AMD Athlon 3000G with Radeon Vega Graphics     
Graphics Renderer                             AMD RAVEN2 (DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.0-47-generic, LLVM 10.0.0)

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

i enabled but its not coming now also citra_log.txt (495.1 KB)

i enabled!!! -_- pls check

citra cannnot connect to the nitendo’s server… what you need to do is connect to local multiplayer…
for it go to Multiplayer > Browse Public Game lobby > Connect to any room by double clicking it
and now you have to trade or battle via local multiplayer… don’t go to connecting the internet…

Then I cannot get mystery gifts!! :frowning:

and mystery gifts are also not distributing now for any pokemon 3ds games…
it is only distributed when the game is new…
now only swsh mystery gifts are distributed…
so, anyway there is no chance but only by pkhex
but pkhex sometimes bugs the save file…

i also can’t do wonder trade :frowning: . Then there is no way to get out of this problem :frowning: