Unable to Connect Pokemon Omega Ruby to the Internet

Hey.
I just started using Citra yesterday and have started a Pokemon Omega Ruby run.
I’ve just received the Playnav from Wally and was hoping to do some wonder trading of a few Pokemon I caught just to activate their Nav radars.

I did a Google search and found a Youtube video that instructs one to enter a Citra username and token into the web tab in the configure settings and I’ve done this but the game still won’t connect to the internet. It gets stuck on the “Connecting to the internet…please wait a moment.” box and I have to reset the ROM to end the process as I can’t cancel it.

The same Google search also produced a topic here that stated that Citra doesn’t support network activity or interactive internet features or whatever it’s called but it’s two years old so I felt compelled to check again.
Is this information still valid? Or is there something I can do to get it working?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Unknown
  • GPU: Unknown
    (Sorry I’m not an expert, I’m not even sure what CPU and GPU mean).
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1341
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

1 Like

Any function which requires you to use the internet will not work on Citra, because the DS needs to access the Nintendo servers, which you obviously can’t with the emulator.

On the other hand, some functions (like Battle or Trading) are supported using the token system you mentioned yourself, under the Multiplayer menu you can browse the room list or create your own.

Functions which are supported, are those in which 2 3ds’s would directly communicate with each other, as if you and the other user were sitting on teh same couch. No features which required internet connection would be supported.

So no wonder trading?
That’s such a shame, it’s one of the more enjoyable experiences of ORAS.

Thank you both for the responses.