The performance is way below expected with a 1660Ti, game playable on my internal GPU.
I run the game throught PRIME. Installed the last drivers and followed directions from the official arch wiki to install nvidia drivers.
Now I know in some cases the integrated GPU can give better performances than dedicated but this is really a huge cap regarding the power of a 1660Ti on a emulator like this.
In any case this is an issue and my laptop heat up a lot while running citra on the CPU.
This is not the case on Windows.
I tried Ubuntu but I can’t get PRIME to work properly so I can’t give results using dedicated on Ubuntu
It’s a Asus Zephyrus GA502DU laptop
- Operating System: Archlinux on Linux 5.6.15
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti Mobile with Max-Q design
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1554
- Game: Monster Hunter Generations
- Screenshot of Issue (I don’t have any title bar so I screenshoted the about window):
with nvidia dedicated : https://i.imgur.com/KI1n4ep.jpg
with amd integrated : https://i.imgur.com/z4LlvoC.jpg
(60fps hack shoudn’t be a problem here)