Updating citra and keeping save files intact

Hello everyone,
So inhave made two copies of citra in my pc so that i can trade between pokemon games.
I want to update both instances of citra but when it searches dor updates it tell me there are no new updates but there are cause my version is from beggining of February.
So my question is if i download the newest version how do i keep my save files?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You can download standalone builds under “Manual download” at https://citra-emu.org/download/ which you can extract anywhere on your computer and then create a folder called user where you extracted and Citra will read saves and configuration from there.

If you currently have your saves in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra simply copy the contents of the Citra folder and place them in the user folder as explained above.

Then in the future you simply just update the files from a new build whenever you wanna update. Since there is no automatic updates with this you do it manually each time.

1 Like

thanks for the reply it helped!!