Using 2 instances of Citra to trade with myself in Pokemon

Issue:
I am currently trying to trade with myself by opening up 2 different versions of Citra. I have Citra Canary and Citra Nightly opened but I always seem to get this error message, “Your Console ID conflicted with someone else’s in the room.” No matter how many times i regenerate the code, it still pops up. I read a few things about copying user folders over to make a portable Citra, but i cannot get that to work either. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong and its maddening that I cannot figure it out. Can someone please help me figure this out?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Pokemon Sun

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

both canary and nightly will point to one default folder for its settings, which the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ folder.

let canary have the folder. for nightly, open the nightly build folder (where the citra-qt.exe is located) and create a new folder named user.

open the ‘citra-qt.exe’ for nightly, if you did it correctly nightly should have default settings and some new folders inside the user folder you created.

i should work fine now, but if you also want to copy your system archives (nand) to the nightly build settings, simply paste your nand folder (system archives dump) inside the user folder.

So right now I have Citra Nightly with a user folder and Citra Canary with a user folder. Is that correct or incorrect.

You just need one, any citra instance without an user folder in it will use the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\ folder for its config, saves, etc.