Using texture filters while using HD custom textures breaks the textures when using a lower internal resolution than the custom textures

Issue:
When using an HD Texture pack which uses 4x upscaled textures I get errors like missing textures and wrong textures when using a lower internal resolution that 4x + any of the texture filters like xBRZ Freescale. When I deactivate texture filters everything works fine. When I use 4x internal resolution (or higher) + texture filtering it also works fine.

In short:

• when I use a lower internal resolution (x3) than the upscaled HD textures (x4) and use texture filtering it breaks the textures

• it only works in combination with texture filtering if I use the same or higher scaled internal resolution as the textures

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3500u
  • GPU: Vega 8
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1810 Nightly
  • Game: Fire Emblem fates
1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Here’s a screenshot of the bug.

Known issue. Our texture filters do not function correctly together with custom textures. Our custom textures implementation is a bit of a mess, and this will be fixed after someone gets around to rewriting it. Sorry for the inconvenience.