Certain character models tend to bug out and stutter my game, and when there are too many models onscreen the frame rate plummets:
Some character models, most frequently P3 Protag, Shinjiro, and Koromaru (I think Rise too) tend to stretch out would be the best way to describe it. Whenever these characters move onscreen there models go over the place and my frame rate does not like it. Also, when there are too many models on screen, the frame rate takes another big hit. I tried copying some fps cheat codes, but they only seem to help in certain areas, like the main menu. Is there anything I can do to fix these problems without updating my specs? From what I’ve researched to increase fps you have to change the priority in task manager and change the resolution, but they only slightly improve the frame rate, and still don’t fix the models. Again, is there anything I can do about this?
- Operating System: Windows 10 64x
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
- GPU: Radeon™ RX 560 Graphics
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1830
- Game: Persona Q - Shadow of the Labyrinth (USA) Decrypted.3ds
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (28.3 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Canary 1830 HEAD-55b529b
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor
Graphics API OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer Radeon(TM) RX 560 Graphics
GPU Driver Version 23.20.15016.15
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.
I disabled my cheats and enabled Accurate Multiplication, yet the graphical and frame rate issues were not resolved.
Since you just now enabled Accurate Multiplication you need to clear the old cache by deleting the
\shaders\opengl folder. You can access it by opening Citra then
File -> Open Citra Folder.
Your drivers are outdated, download and install
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 from https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-560. You might need to check
Factory Reset in the installer under additional options to reset the drivers.
Radeon cards have poor OpenGL performance on Windows so if you want better performance you will need to dual boot Linux (e.g Ubuntu).