Vulkan Api question again

Issue:

I recently changed my card from a gtx 970 to a rx590 and now Citra runs very slow, due to the poor open GL drivers, is Citra ever going to get the “love amd vulkan treatment” since Yuzu which i believe it is your work already has one, or do i have to start thinking on buying again a nvidia card?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yeah Vulkan won’t happen anytime soon. You could dual boot Linux (e.g Ubuntu) to get more performance. Otherwise wait for the RTX 3000 cards.

thank you Tywald, i actually do, out of desperation i placed another hard drive and installed linux on that one as well, and actually citra runs pretty good on open gl mesa drivers the issue is that i also use launchbox in windows and that is leaving citra out of the equation in the rig i was making, it is a shame that vulkan is not happening anytime soon since there is so much of us stuck with an ATI card that have the potential to run citra in windows too if only a vulkan api.

I see. Well, adding Vulkan is easier said than done. You really need to be determined to spend a lot of time to add it. At least Citra is open source so anybody can give it a shot.