Vulkan GPU option causes Yuzu to crash every time on Steam Deck

Hello, does anyone know how to get Vulkan to work properly on steam deck? I have the latest steamos and the latest Yuzu. Whenever I run a game, it goes almost to the main menu then crashes. Also if I re-launch the game after that, it loads shaders part way and then crashes. I can’t get games to run with anything other than opengl and from what I can tell, games run smoother on Vulkan.

Thanks

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Providing a log will help a lot. If you are trying to play something like splatoon3 I would avoid that for now until it improves.

Hi I’m not sure why, I followed instructions to find it, but I can’t locate the log. I’ll try to look a bit closer. But it appears that this game is slow for other people so I guess it won’t get sped up just yet. Thanks for the reply, I’ll see if I can get that log.

in the yuzu ui you should be able to click file >> open yuzu folder and that can bring you to path yuzu installed things to. Log folder should be there as well.