Weird performance issues in Super Mario Odyssey

I recently got the emulator and so far I’m loving it! Every game (Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker 2, etc.) runs flawlessly on 1440p. However, I do have some performance issues in Super Mario Odyssey. From time to time (like totally randomly) I get a lag and I lag a lot during cutscenes. Also, I get little stutters sometimes. I also get a huge lag whenever I possess someone. The game runs at 60 FPS all the time! Please help? I tried changing to OpenGL, but that just gives me terrible FPS. Like I said, every other game runs flawlessly. Here are my specs (again, shouldn’t be an issue with them, because I run every other game on the emulator perfectly - maybe there is a system setting that Odyssey doesn’t like?):

MSI GeForce 1660Ti Gaming X,

Ryzen 5 3600,

32GB RAM and I set the pagefile to 10 000MB,

The game is on an SSD.

Here is the log:
yuzu_log.txt (345.8 KB)

Thanks in advance!

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 906
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.194
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 511.65.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Unsafe
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 906
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.3.194
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
GPU Driver Version                           NVIDIA 511.65.0.0
CPU Accuracy                                 Unsafe
GPU Accuracy                                 High
Docked Mode                                  [x]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Try setting CPU accuracy to auto, and disabling asynchronous shader building.
Cutscenes are known to get broken audio for now.

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, this did not change anything. Overall, the game feels “stuttery” when I’m looking around, even though my FPS is sitting at 60 all the time. I get random small lags and like before, possessing a frog for example gives me a huge lag.

I’ll try to reinstall and I’ll let you know if it helps.

I set the resolution to 1080p and no more lags, but my PC can surely run the game on 1440p and I don’t think I wanna play in 1080p. The FPS on 1440p is 60, but the game feels smoother on 1080p, even though FPS is also 60. Something is wrong with the resolution. Now, the game feels smooth and isn’t stuttering, but I still get a lag when I possess someone.

I fixed everything using a resolution changing mod. On Yuzu, the resolution stayed at 1080p and I used the mod to upscale it to 1440p. Almost 0 difference between 1440p on Yuzu and in the mod, but the lagging stopped.

1 Like