When i start any game its in a small black window

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail. when i start any game its in a small black window. sound is ok but nothing on screen. help

System Informationwindows 7 premium 64bit

• Operating System:
  • CPU: intel core i7 2,1ghz opengl v. 4,5
  • GPU: amd radeon hd 7500
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary 1028
  • Game: mario and luigi paper jam
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

citra_log.txt (5.5 KB)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

Try citra nightly. your log is incomplete, open citra, launch the game and reproduce your issue (small black window), close citra and don’t open it again, open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload citra_log.txt again.

citra_log.txt (21.0 KB)

i tried nightly . same problem, i re uploeded the log file.

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

Take a screenshot of the issue.
try the following:
open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\, move all folders inside of it elsewhere, copy your system archives (the nand folder) to it again, launch citra.

I did all the above.
i did send the picture of the small black window when i run any game, the speed is ok the sound is ok but i dont see any picture.

did all that. stil the same.

is ‘Single Window Mode’ enable on the View menu?

yes, single window mode is enable on the view menu

Try the following: download and extract the latest Nightly build, inside of it (where the citra-qt.exe is located) create a folder and name it user. by doing that you are launching citra in portable mode, which means that your users files will be stored on this user folder instead of C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\, and its also clean of files and configs.

open the citra-qt.exe (on this newly extracted citra folder) and launch (one or two) games (not every single game will work without the system archives on the user folder, but for the purpose of testing try without it).

should i download nightly or canary?

sory my mistake. nightly it is!

just did all the above. i installed the citra nightly inside the new “user” folder. did run the nightly qt exe oppened a game still the small black window!

also did the above step. still same problem. by the way the new folder"user" is empty.

oops not empty just checked. but still the isue continues

citra_log.txt (44.9 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

just send my graphic configuration. should i try any other games besides the 3 that i have?

Try redumping your roms, they may be corrupted. also unplug your controller before launching citra.

it could be your driver version that is causing this issue, you are using the amd driver version 15.7.1, which is the latest WHQL driver for legacy amd gpus, and it should work fine. however you can try the latest beta which is the 16.2.1. go to:https://www.amd.com/en/support it may auto-detect which driver is for your GPU. remember to uninstall you current driver first before installing the newer version.

holy shit it worked!!! sory for my language but im very excited!! the only isue is the speed of the game for example super mario paper jam after it starts it drops to 45-50%. is there anything that i can do about it. also animal crossing crashes just before it asks for a name.

Use citra canary, try with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ enabled/disable, one option may perform better than the other depending on the game.