When is Citra finally going to get Vulkan?

Now that Ryujinx finally got Vulkan, you are officially the last emulator known on earth, that uses Open GL alone, don’t you think it is finally time to give, grant, admit, recognize and concede that Citra does need Vulkan?

Sure Vulkan would be nice.
We never said that it wouldn’t be a nice feature.
All we ever said about it is that it’s extremely difficult and time consuming to implement and that we don’t really have any active devs that have any experience with it. This still stands.

So maybe instead of creating unnecessary posts like this, try thinking about contributing towards that goal. Citra is open source so anybody can open up a pull request to make Vulkan happen.

If you’re not knowledgeable enough to do the above, that’s fine. But there’s no need to create topics like these to pressure devs that are already well aware that it’s a highly requested feature. It helps literally nobody.

1 Like

But there’s no need to create topics like these to pressure devs that are already well aware that it’s a highly requested feature.
It helps literally nobody.

Whining about people like this doesn’t help either huehuehue, I dunno you could just archive the thread and mention that It’s on the road map but wasn’t in the priorities yet because of the reason you provided above.

It’s just really funny because of how pathetic this is. a small thread like this doesn’t hurt your server’s bandwidth does it?

I wasn’t aware that what I said would come across as “whining” to others, but given that the user I was responding to has been known to keep asking this in the past, and our more “professional” answers didn’t satisfy them, I thought I’d be a bit more clear. It’s not as if this user is alone in their “whining” about Vulkan support

This has been done in the past, which ends up just resulting in people being salty, saying that we’re censoring their opinions and all that. And a similar post pops up about this on the forums or our discord a week or so later. Given your reaction, it doesn’t really matter how we respond. Either way, people will try to find fault with it :confused:

I never said it did? I just said that posts like these are seen by devs, who can end up getting frustrated at how entitled and ignorant people in our community can be. Which is something I’d like to avoid if possible. If I need to chastise users that do this a bit to stop them from doing this again, so be it.