When the error "Citra-qt has stopped to work"?

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Sometime, when I start a game, my game crash with this error than I cannot start a game anymore. Then I make a new profile and it s work but I lost my save file. I want to know why my game do it because It make me stressed.

System Information

• Operating System: windows
  • CPU: intel xeon
  • GPU: Quadro fx 4800
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary
  • Game: all
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Perhaps you had the Disk Shader Cache bug and would have needed to do the steps below:

1. File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Sorry about your save :frowning:

Yeah I lost 3 save of acnl btw thx

But I do it when it crash or I can do this now?

Do this now and you shouldn’t get the Disk Shader Cache bug anymore :slight_smile: if you still crash in the same way while having these settings then there is something else so come back with a new log when that happens.

So if I do that I will never get this error anymore?

Never say never :stuck_out_tongue: I can only hope it was that and not something else, let’s see how it goes.

it make me that error now

citra_log.txt (200.0 KB)

Render.OpenGL <Error> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_shader_util.cpp:LoadProgram:101: Error linking shader:
Vertex info
-----------
(0) : error C6001: Temporary register limit of 2 exceeded; 8 registers needed to compile program

Debug <Critical> video_core/renderer_opengl/gl_shader_util.cpp:operator():105: Assertion Failed!
Shader not linked

Ok, did you install the drivers last time? https://community.citra-emu.org/t/citra-qt-exe-has-stopped-working/80888/332 If you did then unfortunately Quadro FX 4800 is too old.

You will need to swap that graphics card, any GeForce card in the past 8 years will work. My old GTX 680 was fine for Citra(sold it to upgrade to 1070). Or do you need a Quadro card for science purposes?