When will citra use the Nintendo website for Trading using gts?

Now a days, the citra progress is going well
In fact now most of the pokemon games run at full speed…The citra trading and online battling system is wonderful but i was wondering when will citra use the nintendo website so that we can use the gts for global trade…Please work on this update.Any kind of update regarding this is highly appreciable…
Thank you

New website for for Citra similar to Nintendo Networks !?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

dude u do realise that to do that u would pretty much have to hack nintendo?
anything that needs to connect to nintendo servers is not possible,
there is no way nintendo will allow citra to connect to it’s servers and connecting without permission will…well let’s just say it will break too many laws.

1 Like

Not really, I’m no developer but no hacking is required, for Nintendo Network compatibility Citra developers would have to figure out how a 3DS connects and make Citra do the same process, probably not imposible, for a while there was a DS emulator that could do that. But anyway I bet CItra devs won’t mess with all that, no one wants to mess with Nintendo.

1 Like

u do realize that is pretty much hacking, right?

connecting to a server that the owner of the server does not want u to is hacking.

all types of hacking use flaws, loophole, etc. in the firewall and other defenses, well that and user carelessness.

I’ve seen people talk about this a few times and I laugh everytime I see it. Anything that uses the nintendo services will not be available on Citra.

It isn’t about compatibility, the doors to Nintendo’s services are locked and doing that would be us breaking in.

that’s what i said…

Yeah, I am agreeing with you.

How is that hacking lol. With Dolphin you could literally connect to Nintendo WFC and play with people on a Wii with no problem before they shut the servers down. In fact, you can still use Dolphin to connect to the new custom servers meant for the Wii.

Yes, you can connect to Wiimmfi but you need an actual wii nand dump to connect there for cheating measures since they banned dolphin’s default nand.

citra_log.txt (49.8 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Actually, they could do that, but not legally and makes any player accessing through Citra into breaking the Terms of Service of the online part. It’s called “reverse-engineering”, and most EULAs forbid it expressly.

So even if the Nintendo servers don’t use a password system, or you use your passwords from your 3DS to access, trying to figure the protocols used for connecting breaks the EULA.

How ??? can i connect with 3DS ???

citra_log.txt (17.7 KB)

When I trade with another player, it has some errors that make it impossible for us to enter the interface for trading

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

what the not find anything wrong in my log file ???. it has 3 errors in my file !!!

if i understood you correctly, you can’t crossplay between citra and a 3DS.