Where is the Cheats tab?

We used to have Gameshark Codes to be used but there is no Cheats tab anymore, why is that?
Is there something I can do to add it back? When will it return? And yes, I am using the latest bleeding edge build.

The cheat support was removed because reason
Edit: removed wrong information

Hmm, that’s quite sad since it was a very useful feature. :disappointed_relieved:
EDIT: Plus how long it’ll take though?

nobody knows how long will it take

Also, what was the last build with this feature? Y’know, will download that build 'n apply some cheats on a savefile and then update the build.

Any idea, anyone?

:confused:

This was already answered by @lg_0

my guess would be you have to look somewhere before bleeding 110 for cheats…but that is if my memory serves me correctly, there is also no guarantee that cheats will carry on when you boot the game in a newer build or even work since cheats did not even work correctly back then. guess you will have to try.

Okay, got it! I’ll try when I get some free time. rn I’m busy playing citra :smile_cat:

Okay, I failed miserably. The cheats tab won’t work though kind of weird it did when Pokemon S/M were released… :cry:

@Selfie_Masters Bleeding Edge 150 was the last build with Makotech’s CheatModule merged. In order for cheats to save, you must create a cheats folder in your %appdata%\Citra directory before opening Citra.

Thanks, will try out that method as soon as I can!

Okay, tried that method but it won’t just work as it used to.
Creating cheats folder in my appdata/Citra didn’t help me.

Creating the folder here: http://i.imgur.com/06e3O2w.png

And then importing and saving cheats in BE-150 works. However, CheatsModule was removed due to inaccuracies with Citra’s memory mapping leading to cheats that work on the 3DS to not work with Citra. You may be experiencing this.

Thanks a lot for helping me out there! Excuse my stupidity :yum:

Theres some misinformation in this thread that could use some clarifications.

First off, cheats wasn’t removed due to conflict. In fact the author of the branch has updated and rebased it several time and he still makes builds with it and uploads them to his own github. The problem with cheats is a fundamental issue with citra that would take hundred and hundreds of hours of research and work to make it work properly, and no one will step up to do it. Cheats often rely on the location of certain memory addresses to be consistent, and how things work on a 3ds console, they are consistent. The problem is citra does not emulate the memory at a precise enough level to make these cheats work. Because of this, there are many many cheats that are written for a 3ds that will not work in citra. Fixing this is a hefty amount of work, so its not likely to happen soon.

To be honest, its possible that we could have just merged it (I would have asked for/volunteered to do a rewrite of the GUI if it was going to get merged) and just lived with the fact that some cheats won’t work, but several of the maintainers decided that its not going to happen. It’d end up being a maintenance nightmare down the road when people’s cheats break all the sudden when citra changes. The final consensus was it would be much better to add this when citra is more stable.

Just because something is a useful feature doesn’t mean its going to get merged. Theres plenty more to consider than just its usefulness :slight_smile: Its a shame to me because turning down contributions like this usually means the contributor loses interest in the project, but theres really no other way to handle the situation… I can think of a few other rejected pull requests that the authors put tons of work into, and well, they just stopped contributing afterwards. But thats just the way open source development goes sometimes

So, in summary, cheats isn’t coming back.