Where's the Rosetta option - Citra M1

ok so basically, I’m using citra on my M1 Macbook Air, and i’ve seen posts about people saying “oh well use the rosetta option it works better” but i’m confused, not because i don’t know what rosetta does but because the option doesn’t come up when i try to enable it in finder.

any help?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

As well mentioned on our Downloads page, we do not provide support with M1 MacOS devices.

Though, this is just a general question so I can answer I suppose. Rosetta2 is automatically applied to any program that is meant to be run on an x86-64 instruction set (i.e. Intel Mac devices). So if you’re attempting to run one of our current MacOS builds, Rosetta2 is already being used to translate the instructions into your M1 chipset’s instructions (ARM).

The reason why it doesn’t work well is because, as we mention on our downloads page, it isn’t supported. You’re basically running an Emulator, Citra, inside another emulator, Rosetta2. You can compile Citra for ARM, so that it can run natively on your M1 chip. Users have mentioned that such a build has less bugs and works a bit better, but there are still a lot of game-breaking bugs and graphical glitches. Since none of our devs have an M1 MacOS devices to test and develop with, we cannot provide support.