Which format can Yuzu handle the best? NSP or XCI?

Which is better for yuzu “.nsp” or “.xci”? And what about the DLC’s? DLC’s as “nsp” or “xci”?
Which format can cause more crashes? “nsp” or “xci”?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Both NSP and XCI, XCI for dumped gamecards, and NSP for dumped store games, DLC and updates.

1 Like

Okay thank you!

And what happens if you merge the DLC’s with the games NSP file or XCI file?
Can this also cause crashes? Like, yuzu closes randomly or other issues?
Will the DLC’s be recognized like that?

We don’t recommend it, it will work, but it could cause crashes.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

Apart from dumping the games again from the switch, is there actually a way to clean the NSP or XCI files with a program or script file or to check them for errors? Or would that be illegal?

Hmm, not that I know of.

1 Like

If a new yuzu release fails to run a combined main+update+dlc that did run before you should try rightclick on the game in the yuzu list to open the properties. You can disable the dlc and the update in the Add-Ons tab there before you start a re-dump.

1 Like

The problem was, if you had combined “main + update + dlc” nsp or xci files, and you installed them in yuzu, then yuzu simply closed while exploring for example or in battles in the wild area in pokemon sword/shield! By combining the nsp or xci files “main + update + dlc” yuzu had random freezes which caused the fps to drop to 0 and to nand

After I did a redump and fetched the nsp / xci individually from my switch and then installed them separately at yuzu, this problem was fixed. Yuzu no longer closed on its own or had freezes.

I can now play a long time until yuzu reaches the RAM limit and then I have to close yuzu again and then restart it and then I can play pokemon again until yuzu reaches the RAM limit again