Why do they say Citra is the best 3DS emulator if it's not?

Issue:
I try to play New Super Mario Bros 2 on Citra but it’s always lagging, the graphic driver’s version is the latest, I tried with a Citra’s older version, even with Citra Canary but I couldn’t, the only emulator existing and doesn’t work? why did they lie? do I need a PC gamer? aren’t these requirements and 4GB RAM enough?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3350 @ 1.10 GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 500 Version 31.0.101.2114
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): any (Canary, Nightly, etc)
  • Game: New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

citra_log.txt (52.9 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

citra_log.txt (54.4 KB)

No game was booted in your log. If you are experiencing a crash then do not open citra again until after you posted the log as it gets purged when you reopen citra.
For more information, see How to Upload the Log File

These are very weak specs, mainly suited for office work and not gaming.

4GB in 2022 is extremely few, I had that in 2006 :stuck_out_tongue: usually gamers have 16GB but are starting to move towards 32GB as more modern games are using more now; not that it really matters for Citra but in general.

Once you have tried on a gaming computer you will see the difference.

What is your CPU & GPU usage in task manager in the performance tab with a game open in Citra?

it says 100% CPU and 47% GPU

That’s to be expected. Your CPU’s single thread rating is about half of our minimum requirements. Not much we can do about that. You’ll need better hardware.