WIFI Emulation/Workaround for The Denpa Men?

Issue:

So this is going to be a long shot, but I might as well take it. The Denpa Men is a series of three games that came out on the Nintendo 3DS eShop about ten years ago. The games were pretty standard RPG fare, with one notable difference: the way you obtained your characters. You had to physically walk around with the game open, at which point the 3DS would detect WiFi signals (I think) within a certain range, then use that information to randomly generate a character. Now, I own all three games and have dumped all three ROMs (All three of which work fine), but cannot play any of them due to this problem. Citra does not have any support for the AR mode, so characters cannot be caught.

I’m not entirely sure that the WiFi signals are what spawn the Men, but multiple sources I’ve looked at all say that they are. The game refers to the signals from which the Denpa Men spawn simply as ‘Radio Waves’, but I don’t know to what capacity the 3DS could successfully detect radio waves. As far as I am aware, they didn’t have antennas.

Here’s the question: is there any form of work around? Going off the assumption that it is indeed WiFi signals that spawn the men, is there possibly a way of linking my computer’s detected WiFi ranges to Citra in some fashion, or even some sort of RNG hooked up to whatever variable the game uses to spawn the Men? I know some programs have been designed for concurrent use with Citra and other Nintendo emulators like Cemu.

Keep in mind I don’t have to actually CONNECT to the WiFi network, it just has to be detected.

Any help would be appreciated! I just want to be able to play and enjoy these games again, as much as possible. Thanks!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 6-Core
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1760
  • Game: The Denpa Men, The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves, The Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (157.4 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1760   HEAD-593b0b2
Operating System                             Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                          AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor              | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           496.13
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                -1
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

I’m pretty sure this game is making use of Spotpass. Which isn’t implemented in Citra yet.

Any idea if/when it would be implemented?