Wii u controller support help

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
So I just ordered a wii u controller https://www.amazon.com/Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Black-nintendo/dp/B009AFLXQQ so I could play The Legend of Zelda BOTW and I was wondering if there was any way to also use that on citra for some zelda games like Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 latest update
  • CPU: Intel core i5 8th gen
  • GPU: 150mx
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): #793

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

it should work, most methods for joysticks (DS3/4, xbox, etc) exposes them as a dinput or xinput device and citra supports both. assuming that the method used is to make the Pro Controller as a pc device and not a plugin strictly made for cemu.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I am sorry. I am a noob at all this emulation stuff so I don’t know what DS3/4

i was referring to dual shock 3/4 (ps3/ps4 joysticks) as an example of joysticks that can be used on pc with some software that makes them either a dinput or xinput device, if that’s the case for the Wii U Pro Controller, then it’s very likely that it will work on citra. you can always search out there how does the Pro Controller work on pc, on games and etc.

ok then thanks I just wanna know if it is plug and play or if I have to download some program like DS4Windows

Probably something like that, there are usb adapters that makes the process easier.
you should do some research as there may be many possibilities.

ok thanks I will do some

I was wondering if there was any way to also use that on citra for some zelda games like Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask

You need to be able to expose the Wii U Pro Controller as a regular controller, requiring the following:

• Bluetooth capabilities. The Pro Controller’s cable only has power capabilities, and not data,
  • A program that can map the Pro Controller to a traditional controller. By default, connecting the Pro Controller to your computer via Bluetooth won’t work. Personally, I’ve used WiinUPro to map my Pro Controller to an Xbox controller, which let some games pick it up.

it should work, most methods for joysticks (DS3/4, xbox, etc) exposes them as a dinput or xinput device and citra supports both. assuming that the method used is to make the Pro Controller as a pc device and not a plugin strictly made for cemu.

Although the Switch Pro Controller works out of the box as an input (I forget which one exactly.), the Wii U Pro Controller does require additional programs.